Yaay! I got Ensemble (my #Matrix client) to work on my ancient (2009) Maemo smartphone!
Now to make the necessary changes so that it doesn’t drain the battery or data too fast (I have a 50MB data plan on this thing 😛)
New avatar, drawn by @Reptifur !
There are so many cool cartoon artists (and other kinds as well of course!) on the fediverse… I wish I had money to commission them all. 😢
Todo for this session:
- Improve the new windowing system
- Rework some key bindings
- Start working on multi-profile support
All that while listening to the new Pandrezz and Chiptunes=WIN releases. :)
- core modules layout
- full numeric tower support by default
- declarative packaging system
- deployment as static binaries has been made super easy (just a build switch)
- reproducible builds, for CHICKEN itself and any code built with it!
Full list of changes here: https://code.call-cc.org/dev-snapshots/2018/08/11/NEWS
LOUD, flashing images Show more
Since we can’t directly upload audio files on Mastodon, I’ve been looking for simple visualizations.
Turns out ffmpeg has a bunch of filters to do exactly that! When I found out about 'avectorscope' I had to try it on the Mushroom music by Jerobeam Fenderson.
Original video (on a real oscilloscope!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtR63-ecUNo
I’m making a DSP library / softsynth.
@Hiro thinks the debug outputs look like album covers. 😀